As a patient at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center, you have a responsibility for...
- Being considerate of the rights of other patients, to assist with noise control and to ask family and friends to visit only during visiting hours. Special arrangements may be made with the nurse manager on the unit where the patient is located.
- Complying with the treatment plan developed with your physician and to understand the consequences of alternative treatment and/or noncompliance.
- Providing, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters related to your health.
- Being respectful of the property and of other persons and of the healthcare organization.
- Not demanding tests and diagnostic procedures, which your physician determines to be unnecessary.
- Outcomes if you or your family refuses treatment or when the instructions of your physician are not followed.
- Complying with all the rules and regulations of the Hospital including life safety and security policies and procedures affecting patient care and conduct and to share your suggestions to improve Hospital safety.
- Parking in designated areas such as the free parking deck and other areas around the facility rather than handicapped or cardio rehabilitation parking without MVA issued handicapped license tags or cardiopulmonary parking passes.
- Taking care of our environment by participating in our recycling campaign, by not littering public areas and by not smoking within 25 feet of any Hospital entrance or anywhere in the building.
- Not keeping valuables with you while you are in the Hospital.
- Providing accurate information about any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing.
Informing staff of any dietary needs based on religious or ethical beliefs or practices.
- Actively participating in your discharge planning with your physician and other members of your healthcare team as early as practical during your Hospital stay.