Highlighted Jobs at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
Thank you for you interest in a career at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center. We are currently seeking candidates for numerous positions, including the following highlighted jobs below:
- Provides support for front and back office duties, including greeting patients and assisting with maintaining patient flow. Takes vital signs, prepares treatment rooms, and assists physicians and/or nursing staff with patient exams.
RN, OR/ICU/L&D and ER
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for a groups of patients, providing care through the continued utilization of the nursing process in collaboration with other health care team members.
ED Transitions Coordinator
- The Emergency Department Transitions Coordinator works with the multidisciplinary team to identify patients that would benefit from available community resources, have frequent Emergency Department visits; are current readmissions; or have an increased risk for readmission or revisit. The Coordinator will assess and coordinate the services necessary to provide a safe and efficient discharge from the ED. They will work with the patient, family, and health care providers.
Clinical Practice Specialist
- RN with strong med/surg skills to develop and maintain competence among clinical nursing associates and provide consultation directed at expanding and enhancing clinical nursing practice. Will function as clinician, educator, consultant, researcher, role model, and change agent to positively influence quality of patient care.
Social Worker, Oncology
- Practices clinical social work at an advanced level independent of regular clinical supervision and is responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families in assigned care area. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community agencies, and other health care professionals to implement coordinated patient care. Provides crisis intervention and management. Provides therapeutic intervention with patients and families, if necessary. Indentifies opportunities to educate staff regarding appropriate social work referrals.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Nights)
- Must be able to work all areas of the Laboratory to include Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank and limited Microbiology. Performs routine diagnostic and complex lab tests under the direction of a supervisor. Light lifting of less than 10 lbs. may be required. Must be able to coordinate eyes hands fairly quickly and accurately. Must be able to communicate effectively primarily through telephone. Must be able to identify and distinguish colors. MLS/MT/MLT (ASCP) registry equivalent, or eligible.