Don’t Let Your Weight Weigh On You
Obesity comes with health risks. Diabetes. High-blood pressure. Joint pain. Sleep apnea. That’s why so many people have turned to us for help. MedStar Montgomery Medical Center’s Bariatric Surgery Program is one of the area’s most experienced and comprehensive. Our team of skilled specialists will guide you through the process the entire step of the way.
Barbara Bowie’s Story:
Watch this patient’s incredible true story in the video below–and learn more about her unique experiences and the success she has achieved:
Bariatric Services include:
- Free Informational Sessions to help determine if bariatric surgery is right for you, and if so, what type.
- Meeting with a registered dietitian.
- Monthly support groups, at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, MedStar Montgomery Medical Center and MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital in Leonardtown, MD, for your convenience.
- Consultations with an exercise physiologist, gastroenterologist and psychologist.
- Learn more about Bariatric Services.
You’ll determine with your care team which is the right procedure for you.
- Placement of an Adjustable Gastric Lap-Band–An adjustable gastric band is placed around the upper part of the stomach which restricts how much you can eat at each meal. Weight loss occurs through restriction of food intake. This procedure is performed at both MedStar Washington Hospital Center and MedStar Montgomery Medical Center.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy–The stomach is cut and reduced in size by approximately 80-85%, so you will get full on a small amount of food. Weight loss occurs through restriction of food intake.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass–The stomach is divided to make a smaller pouch, restricting how much you can eat at a meal. The pouch is attached to a lower part of the small intestine, bypassing the rest of the stomach and first part of the small intestine so you do not absorb as many calories and nutrients. Weight loss occurs through a combination of restriction and malabsorption of nutrients.
Meet our bariatric surgeon:
We can help you regain your health – and your life.
Learn more by registering for a free seminar—call 301-774-8881.