MedStar Montgomery Medical Center supports 24 hour visitation recognizing the importance of participation by primary support persons, family and friends in the healing and recovery process during hospitalization. With this in mind, MMMC also advocates for a safe environment for all associates, patients and visitors.
- MedStar Montgomery is also a tobacco-free campus - so, when planning your visit, please be sure to understand there are no tobacco products allowed on campus. Please feel free to call us at 301-774-8600.
- All associates will enforce this policy in a polite and courteous manner.
- All associates shall keep visitors informed of these guidelines and inform Security of any problems/special situations involving visitors.
- MMMC offers visitation in compliance with Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services, and the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Visitors are required to obtain a visitor’s pass at the front desk or the Emergency Department, and the visitors pass should be worn at all times.
- The patient or his/her legal representative may designate who may or may not visit.
- Visitors are encouraged, provided their presence does not interfere with or infringe on the rights, safety, security, and respect of patients, associates and others.
- A maximum of two (2) visitors are recommended per patient at a given time. Special consideration will be made in certain circumstances.
- Visitors should remain in the patient room or designated public areas. (Waiting rooms, cafeteria, main lobby)
- Children 12 years of age and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (other than the patient) at all times.
- Visitors with signs or symptoms of infection, communicable or infectious disease will be restricted.
- Any visitors not in compliance with the regulations herein stated will be asked to leave.
- Visitors who may be impaired or disruptive will be asked to leave the premises.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for visitors acting in a disorderly and/or threatening manner. If this occurs, associates should contact Security department and a nurse administrator immediately. An arrest for trespassing may be made by our Security with Montgomery County Police. Some units, i.e. Maternal Newborn and AMHC, have more restrictive visitation policies for the safety of staff and patients. MedStar Montgomery leadership and Security strive to provide the best possible environment for everyone who enters our campus. By working together we can create a healing atmosphere for our patients, visitors and associates.
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center provides Wi-Fi usage to visitors in the main lobby and cafeteria.
Crisis Unit- Visitors are not allowed.
Intensive Care Units
Visitors are not permitted to sleep in the room with the patient.
Visitors are not allowed.
Maternal Newborn Center - The father of the baby or significant other is not considered a visitor.
11 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Visitors should be limited to five people at a time. One adult may spend the night. No children under 18 after 8 p.m.
Addiction & Mental Health Center
Monday- Friday: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
6 East Floor-Visitors must be 12 years of age or older.
Addiction & Mental Health Center Chemical Dependency Unit
|Visiting is scheduled in association with unit programs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons.|
Visitors are not permitted into the main recovery room unless the need arises.