When you or a loved one experiences a medical emergency, the Howard R. Gudelsky Emergency Department at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center is close to you and provides fast emergent-urgent or non-urgent care. Our 41-bed Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day by physicians and nurses who are trained to care for a wide range of emergency health concerns that affect people of all ages – from mild to life-threatening conditions.
- Fast Track, for the evaluation of patients with minor injuries
- Crisis Evaluation Unit, for behavioral health and substance abuse patients
- Chest Pain Center and Stroke Center
- Pediatric Center
Pediatric Emergency Center
Our dedicated Pediatric Center inpatient and outpatient care unit provides each child with the highest-quality care in a warm, nurturing environment. The center treats all pediatric needs – from emergency visits to short-term observations. The center’s operation includes additional safety and security protocols to protect patients and families.
- Policy toward family and visitors – We believe that your family and loved ones are an important part of your care. Whenever possible, they will be able to stay with you during treatment to provide comfort and helpful information. Limit of 1 visitor per adult and 2 per child . There may be critical times when all visitors are required to leave the emergency care area.
- Parking – We offer free parking for your convenience adjacent to the front Emergency Services entrance.
- Snacks and food -The cafeteria is located directly above the Emergency Department and vending machines are available.
- ATMs – There is an ATM located in the Main Hospital lobby.
- Public transportation – Washington Metro offers bus service to MedStar Montgomery Medical Center. The Y5, Y, Y7, Y8 and Y9 (Georgia Ave. Service Line) all come directly to MedStar Montgomery Medical Center.
For more information about emergency services at MedStar Montgomery, please call 301-774-8882.