Medical (Non-Surgical) Weight Loss Program
The goal of our multidisciplinary weight loss team is to help our patients achieve and maintain improvements in health through lifestyle changes, nutrition, and medicine. Even a small amount of weight loss (5-10% of current weight) can make a significant impact on your health.
Surgery is not always the right choice for some patients, which is why we have developed an alternative option to surgery, with similar powerful outcomes. This program is tailored to help those candidates who do not qualify for surgery. Through good nutrition, exercise science, education and medication, we help our patients lose the weight and keep it off for good.
Our Non-Surgical Program includes:
- An individualized assessment, complete weight loss plan, and regular follow up with one of our weight loss specialists
- An individualized assessment, complete nutrition plan, and regular follow up with one of our registered dietitians
- Small weekly fitness classes led by our exercise physiologist
- Behavior counseling groups led by a mental health professional who specializes in obesity and weight loss counseling
- Monthly support group sessions
The weight loss team at MedStar Montgomery is here to prevent and cure chronic disease through good health. Call us today for more information about our non-surgical weight loss program at 301-774-8828.
Make an Appointment
For more information or to speak with a weight loss specialist, please call 301-774-8962, press option 2.
Meet our Team
Our bariatric surgery team provides comprehensive weight loss care to patients and will guide you every step of the way. Learn more about their expertise:
Classes & Events
We offer numerous classes such as Bariatric Surgery Weight Management, Bariatric Exercise, Free Information Sessions, and Online Seminars. Learn more about the classes listed below and register now!
In the News
Patient Success Stories
"MedStar Montgomery Helped Me Lose 80 Pounds and Regain My Life" - Watch Carolyn's story along with other MedStar Montgomery patients.