Breast Cancer Care
Top breast cancer care combines the latest advances with compassion and sensitivity — all delivered by doctors, nurses, and support staff with the right experience. At the MedStar Georgetown Cancer Network at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center, our breast program team provides a comprehensive approach, giving you the guidance and support you need — from diagnosis through treatment and follow-up care.
We welcome the chance to help you with an initial diagnosis or offer a second opinion. We treat a range of breast conditions — for women and men.
Our breast program provides easy access to the advanced specialty care you need, with our team working together to create a comprehensive plan customized to your condition, needs, and preferences. Our services include:
The Latest Advances in Tools & Treatments
- Genetic counseling
- Access to clinical trials
- Breast-conserving techniques that minimize scarring while sparing skin and nipples, combined with expert approaches to restore appearance
- Targeted, precise radiation
- State-of-the-art options for women with risk factors
Our network includes a full range of experienced breast cancer specialists, many of them nationally renowned. Since working together is shown to provide the best care, they comprise a multidisciplinary team that includes:
- Medical Oncologists
- Radiation Oncologists
- Plastic Surgeons
- Board-certified surgeons (many are fellowship-trained and focused exclusively on the breast)
We continue to provide convenient care — in addition to our hospitals and research centers, we offer outpatient evaluation at offices located near you. Find your location.
We offer a range of support to promote healing, comfort, and education, provided by our social workers, psychologists and nurse navigators —nurses who guide you and your family through the coordination of care, the delivery of services and the tough decision-making. Services also include:
- Nutritional counseling
- Spiritual care
- Support groups with other patients
- Complementary care
The specially trained doctors, nutritionists, and physical and occupational therapists at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network help you recuperate fully and maximize post-surgery range of motion with exercises.
- There is a network of outpatient sites that offer cancer rehabilitation based on your individual needs. Find a cancer rehabilitation location near you.
Make an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a cancer care specialist, call 855-546-1944.
Ways to Help
Meet Our Cancer Care Specialists
- Solaiman Futuri, MD - Hematology, Medical Oncology
- Luther Ampey III, MD - Radiation Oncology
- John Marshall, MD - Medical Oncology
- Catherine Broome, MD - Hematology, Medical Oncology
- Michael Pishvaian, MD - Medical Oncology
- Nancy Dawson, MD - Hematology, Medical Oncology
Cancer Treatment Clinical Trials
Putting research to the test through this new partnership, our patients have access to cutting-edge technology and novel therapeutics that hold promise for the advancement of medicine and patient care. We provide seamless, coordinated care for our patients who choose to participate in one or more cancer treatment studies. Learn more about clinical trials available through the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.