The majority of women who develop breast cancer have no known risk factors. Our breast health high-risk programs offer specialized evaluation by a team staffed by medical oncologists and nurse practitioners, for anyone with:
- Family History: Just because family members developed breast cancer doesn’t necessarily mean you face a hereditary risk — in fact, the majority of women in that situation do not. But you could carry a combination of low-risk, mutated genes, or a single high-risk mutation like BRCA1 or 2.
- Radiation Exposure: Radiation therapy or frequent X-rays during childhood or young adulthood can increase your risk.
- Abnormal Cells: Patients with abnormal cells detected by breast biopsy are at increased risk for developing breast cancer in the future.
Women who fit one or more of these categories are at higher risk for developing breast cancer and can benefit by knowing their choices for managing that risk. Besides regular checkups at our clinics, our services include:
- Prophylactic mastectomy
- Special expertise in providing and evaluating annual breast MRIs, in addition to regular mammograms
- Focus on detecting breast cancer early
Make an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a cancer care specialist, call 855-546-1944.
Ways to Help
Meet Our Cancer Care Specialists
- Solaiman Futuri, MD - Hematology, Medical Oncology
- Luther Ampey III, MD - Radiation Oncology
- John Marshall, MD - Medical Oncology
- Catherine Broome, MD - Hematology, Medical Oncology
- Michael Pishvaian, MD - Medical Oncology
- Nancy Dawson, MD - Hematology, Medical Oncology
Cancer Treatment Clinical Trials
Putting research to the test through this new partnership, our patients have access to cutting-edge technology and novel therapeutics that hold promise for the advancement of medicine and patient care. We provide seamless, coordinated care for our patients who choose to participate in one or more cancer treatment studies. Learn more about clinical trials available through the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.