Although it may be performed on any artery, this procedure most commonly treats carotid artery disease (carotid endarterectomy). In an endarterectomy, the surgeon opens the artery and removes the blockage. This type of open surgery is best for short blockages.
Read more about the ways in which MedStar Heart & Vascular Institute cares for your heart.
- Aneurysm Repair
- Beating Heart Bypass
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Leadless Defibrillator: Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)