Whether you have joint pain, a sports injury or need a hip or knee replacement, you’ll benefit from the services available at MedStar Orthopaedic Institute at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center—from the latest in diagnostic services, to nonsurgical and surgical treatments to outpatient physical rehabilitative therapies.
No matter how simple or complex your condition may be, you can be assured that our physicians will take the time to design an individualized treatment plan specific to your needs.
MedStar Montgomery Medical Center is nationally recognized for excellence in orthopaedics and sports medicine, plus, we are home to one of the world's largest hand centers and a comprehensive sports medicine program. Our specialists are fellowship trained in caring for everything from hands, fingers, and feet, to shoulders, knees, and spines. We know how to handle joint replacement and sports injuries, as well as arthritic and pediatric conditions.
With MedStar Health’s orthopaedic specialty care programs, you’ll receive advanced diagnostic tests, minimally invasive treatments, pain control, long-term rehabilitation, and support through the entire process. We want you to get back to your healthy active self, just as much as you do.
Make an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an orthopaedics specialist, call 855-546-1932 or schedule an appointment online below.
Meet our Team
- Dr. Kevin McMahon is chief of Orthopaedics and treats patients with a wide range of orthopaedic conditions. He specializes in hip and knee reconstruction.
- Dr. Bruce Knolmayer is chief of Orthopaedic Trauma and specializes in treating conditions of the knees, hips and shoulders.
- Dr. Alison Kitay is chief of Hand Surgery and specializes in treating complex hand, wrist and elbow disorders affecting both adults and children.
- Dr. Carter Mitchell is chief of Sports Medicine and a team physician for the Washington Nationals with specific expertise in treating shoulder, elbow and knee problems.
- Dr. James Ryan Macdonell is a board eligible orthopaedic surgeon who practices general orthopaedics with a focus on hip and knee replacement.