At MedStar Montgomery Medical Center, we develop a program tailored to your needs delivered by a team of nurses, respiratory therapists and exercise physiologists experienced in pulmonary rehab.
We focus on designing exercise and education for your personal needs. The goal is to improve the quality of life for those with chronic respiratory impairment.
Pulmonary Conditions Treated
- Chronic Bronchitis
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Surgery
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
Education is provided on an individual basis and in group settings, and family members are encouraged to participate. Participants learn techniques and exercises to manage respiratory symptoms and conserve energy.
- Warm-up, conditioning, strengthening and cool down to emphasize proper breathing techniques
- Each session is supervised by professionals skilled in both exercise training and pulmonary care
- Heart rate and oxygen levels are monitored throughout each session
- Oxygen is provided if needed
- Referring physicians are updated on each participant’s progress
Educational Topics Include
- Understanding the aspects of lung disease
- Diet guidelines, including an individual consultation with a registered dietician
- Explanation of normal and diseased lung function
- Breathing techniques
- Energy conservation
- Stress management
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a cardiac rehabilitation specialist call 301-774-8778
- Dr. Manu Kaushal is a Georgetown University Pulmonologist, located at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center.