Every expectant mother hopes for a smooth pregnancy. Some women may require some extra support for certain things, such as:
- Multiple fetuses
- Chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease
- Babies who are not developing normally
At MedStar Montgomery, we have specialists who focus on prenatal evaluation and care. Services they provide include:
- Maternal-fetal medicine counseling
- Reproductive genetics counseling
- Fetal diagnosis
- Cancer genetics
Our team of specialists has performed thousands of fetal diagnostic procedures, such as:
- First trimester screening and nuchal translucency
- Detailed fetal ultrasound (Level II or targeted), including Doppler waveform studies
- Chorionic villus sampling (transabdominal and transcervical)
- Placental biopsy
- Fetal monitoring with biophysical profiles and non-stress tests
- Portable fetal monitoring
These tests can identify fetal chromosomal abnormalities, congenital anomalies and fetal growth abnormalities, as well as confirm a healthy baby.
Request an Appointment
For more information or to speak with a women's health specialist, call us at 301-570-7424.
Women's Health Specialists
Upcoming Classes & Events
We offer classes for women of all ages, mothers and mothers-to-be. Throughout the year, we also offer a "Meet the Docs" series to learn more about our individual specialists and our practice locations. View our class schedule.