When it comes to making memories...we deliver!
Understanding the needs of new mothers is our specialty at the Maternal Newborn Center at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center. After surveying patients, doctors, nurses and even visitors to find out what people wanted in a birthing experience; we took the time and committed resources to make our Maternal Newborn Center the preferred destination for expecting families.
- All of the rooms in our Maternal Newborn Center are private, spacious and beautifully decorated featuring ceramic tile baths, flat-screen TVs and Internet access. Each room also has a pull-out or sofa bed so your support person can stay overnight in comfort.
- Our mother baby suites offer "rooming in" so new parents can bond with their baby and have hands on education, practice and return demonstration in infant care with the assistance of our experienced staff.
- Our televisions are equipped with the Skylight System where educational videos on infant care, breast feeding and mother care are available 24 hours.
- The hospital provides designated spaces reserved for our pregnant patients so your vehicle is conveniently located and continually monitored by our Security Department. Our Maternal Newborn Center is a locked unit for the security of you and your baby.
- When you get hungry, we offer room service for all moms. You may order a guest tray (at cost) for your support person for your convenience.
- New parents also have access to a pantry on the unit where snacks and drinks are available - free of charge.
- Our roomy cafeteria offers a variety of food choices including a deli, grill, entree station and salad bar. Desserts and frozen yogurt are also available.
Highly Skilled Specialists
- The Maternal Newborn Center has highly skilled Neonatologists who are available to care for babies with special care needs in our neonatal nursery. We also have board-certified Pediatricians available 24/7.
- Our attentive and experienced nursing staff specialize in neonatal and maternal care. They provide the most updated care for you and your baby. Our favorable nurse-to-patient ratio ensures personal care with a dash of TLC!
- Our experienced nursing staff is educated in assisting moms with breast feeding. In addition Lactation Specialists are available upon request.
Highly Skilled Board-Certified Obstetricians
- Our experienced board-certified OBGYN doctors are in house 24/7 to give you and your baby the best care using state of the art equipment in a personal and professional manner.
Physician Referral Service
- MedStar Montgomery offers a physician referral service so you can find a board-certified pediatrician to care for your baby. It is important to choose a pediatrician prior to your delivery. Call 301-774-8881.
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment with a women's health physician, please fill out the form below. A representative will call you within one business day.
Request an Appointment
For more information or to speak with a women's health specialist, call us at 855-546-1989.
Classes & Events
We offer classes for women of all ages, mothers and mothers-to-be. Throughout the year, we also offer a "Meet the Docs" series to learn more about our individual specialists and our practice locations. View our class schedule and view a list of our Maternity Programs (PDF).
Tours of our Maternal Newborn Center are available for our pregnant couples every other Sunday from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Call 301-774-8700 for reservations.