During your pregnancy, you will have many questions about your own healthcare and the health of your baby. MedStar Montgomery obstetricians are available to answer your questions and provide you with support and high-quality care.
Now that you're pregnant, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the changes your body will go through and how your baby will develop. A full-term pregnancy is considered 40 weeks long. Your doctor calculates your due date from your last menstrual period, which means the first two weeks of your pregnancy include the time of your period, ovulation and fertilization.
- Weeks 1 to 13: The First Trimester. During this time, your body undergoes many changes, most of which will be temporary. As your body adjusts to the growing baby, you may experience nausea, fatigue, backaches, mood swings and stress.
- Weeks 14 to 26: The Second Trimester. The aches and pains experienced during the first trimester may continue, but most women find the second trimester a bit easier. Your abdomen will expand as you gain weight and the baby grows. You may experience pain in your abdomen, groin and thighs. You may get stretch marks or acne.
- Weeks 27 to 40: The Third Trimester. You are almost there! During this last trimester, your ankles, fingers and face may swell. You may also experience difficulty breathing. This is normal as the baby is getting bigger and putting more pressure on your organs.
Pregnancy is an exciting time in your life. Your body will be going through many changes in the next few months, and regular prenatal checkups are important to your health and the health of your baby. MedStar Montgomery offer complete pregnancy care, from the first visit to delivery and postpartum care.
Even though prenatal checkups and labor and delivery are routine for us, we know they are not routine for you. Our skilled staff will be there for you throughout your entire pregnancy, ready to answer your questions and help you navigate the world of prenatal care and testing.
When your delivery date arrives, our state-of-the art labor and delivery suites are ready for you. If your newborn baby requires extra care and support, we have a Level II Special Care Nursery.
Maternal Newborn Center
MedStar Montgomery's Maternal Newborn Center offers private rooms and special amenities. The Center is staffed with highly-skilled specialists and experienced nurses. Learn more about the Maternal Newborn Center.
Classes & Events
MedStar Montgomery offers events available for new mothers. For more information on classes that are available or to register, click here or call 301-774-8881.
- Download the Maternity Programs Flyer (PDF) for a list of all available classes.
Learn more about:
- Pregnancy Planning
- Preconception Counseling
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- MedStar Georgetown OB/GYN team
- Prenatal Diagnostic and Ultrasound Center (PDUC) at MedStar Georgetown
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment with a women's health physician, please fill out the form below. A representative will call you within one business day.
Request an Appointment
For more information or to speak with a women's health specialist, call us at 301-570-7424.