Questions about the Scholarship Program?
- Send an email to the committee
- Call and leave a voicemail at 301-774-8840
The 2019 Scholarship Application Process
For you to be eligible to receive a scholarship, we must receive your application and all supporting documents (see below) by Friday, March 15, 2019 at 5 p.m. The application system will be automatically removed from the website at precisely 5 p.m. Please allow yourself plenty of extra time to meet this deadline, because the system cannot be restored to accept late applications. All other emailed and mailed documents must be dated or postmarked by March 15, 2019.
Select the Appropriate Online Application:
- High School Senior: students currently enrolled as a high school senior
- Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Candidate: students who have completed high school or equivalent or who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Note: Please use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 9 (or higher) browser to complete your online application.
Submit Supporting Documents:
- Two Signed Letters of Recommendation (ONLY two letters will be considered):
- Email to [email protected] (our preferred method) OR
- Mail to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830
- Proof of United States Citizenship or lawful permanent United States residence (View Acceptable Documents – a driver's license is not an acceptable proof)
- Copy the official document and mail the duplicate document to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830.
Note: 2017 and 2018 Women’s Board Scholarship recipients DO NOT need to provide proof of United States Citizenship.
- Official Transcript (Must be submitted by the Registrar’s Office or High School Counselor’s office):
- Email to [email protected] OR
- Mail to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830. If your registrar’s office mails your transcript to you, please place the unopened, sealed official transcript in a mailing envelope and send it to the above address.
- Resume (Optional)
- Email to [email protected]
Helpful Hints for Submitting Your Application and Supporting Documentation
- DO NOT submit duplicate supporting documents. For example: If you email a supporting document, do not send the same document to us by regular mail.
- Be prepared to submit your application in one sitting. There is not a way to save your application and come back to finish it later. Do not complete parts of the application and submit it hours later as your work may be lost and an error message may appear. Our system performs updates throughout the day and evening and your application may be reset. We recommend that you complete the personal statement and any other lengthy responses in a Word Document, save it to your computer, and cut and paste the responses into the application.
- No supporting documentation will be accepted if it is dated or postmarked after Friday, March 15, 2019. To ensure all of your documents are submitted on time, request them from the providers well in advance.
- Although email is much preferred, MedStar Montgomery Medical Center associates may, if necessary, drop off supporting documents in the Gift Shop. Please put them in a sealed envelope with WB 2019 SCHOLARSHIP written on the front and hand the envelope directly to the cashier.
- Hospital Associates, please see FAQs #10 for hand-delivery of the supporting documents.
Have more questions?
View our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any questions about the Women’s Board Scholarship Program, please feel free to contact The Scholarship Committee at [email protected] or leave a message at 301-774-8840. For the quickest response, we recommend communicating via email.