Questions about the Scholarship Program?
- Send an email to the committee
- Call and leave a voicemail at 301-774-8840
The 2020 Women’s Board Scholarship application process will open on December 15, 2019.
The 2020 Scholarship Application Process
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, all of the below requirements must be received by Monday, March 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. The application system will be automatically removed from the website at precisely 5:00 p.m. Please allow yourself plenty of extra time to meet this deadline, because the system cannot be restored to accept late applications. All other emailed and mailed documents must be dated or postmarked by March 16, 2020.
Select the Appropriate Online Application:
- High School Senior: students currently enrolled as a high school senior
- Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Candidate: students who have completed high school or equivalent or who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Note: Please use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 9 (or higher) browser to complete your online application.
Submit Supporting Documents:
- Two Signed Letters of Recommendation (ONLY two letters will be considered):
- Email to: [email protected] OR
- Mail to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830
- Proof of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence (View Acceptable Documents)
- Note: 2017, 2018, and 2019 Women’s Board Scholarship recipients DO NOT need to provide proof of United States Citizenship or of lawful permanent residence.
- Official Transcript (Must be submitted by the Registrar’s Office or High School Counselor’s office):
- Email to [email protected] OR
- Mail to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830. If your registrar’s office mails your transcript to you, please place the unopened, sealed official transcript in a mailing envelope and send it to the above address.
- Resume (Optional)
- Email to [email protected]
MedStar Montgomery Associates ONLY, please see Frequently Asked Questions for an additional document submission option.
Helpful Hints for Submitting Your Application and Supporting Documentation
- DO NOT submit duplicate supporting documents. For example: If you email a supporting document, do not send the same document to us by regular mail.
- DO NOT send original proof of citizenship documents. We cannot be responsible for returning them to you.
- Be prepared to submit your application in one sitting. There is not a way to save your application and come back to finish it later. Do not complete parts of the application and submit it hours later, your work may be lost and an error message may appear. Our system does updates throughout the day and evening and your application may reset. We recommend that you first complete the personal statements and any other lengthy responses in a Word Document and save it to your computer.
- Do not expect an immediate answer to your email asking if we have received your documents. We receive a large volume of emails and processing each application and document individually takes time. We suggest that you set your email options to request an acknowledgement when we open your email. That way you will know we have received what you sent.
- No supporting documentation will be accepted after Monday, March 16, 2020. To ensure all of your documents are submitted on time, request your documents well in advance.
Have more questions?
View our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any questions about the Women’s Board Scholarship Program, please feel free to contact The Scholarship Committee at [email protected] or leave a message at 301-774-8840. For the quickest response, we recommend communicating via email.