Questions about the Scholarship Program?
- Send an email to the committee
- Call and leave a voicemail at 301-774-8840
The 2018 Scholarship Application Process
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, all of the below requirements must be received by Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 5 p.m. The application system will be automatically removed from the website at precisely 5 p.m. Please allow yourself plenty of extra time to meet this deadline, because the system cannot be restored to accept late applications. All other emailed and mailed documents must be dated or postmarked by March 15, 2018.
Select the Appropriate Online Application:
- High School Senior: currently enrolled as a high school senior
- Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Candidate: students that have completed high school/equivalent or are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Note: Please use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 9 or higher browser to complete your online application.
Submit Supporting Documents:
- Two Signed Letters of Recommendation (ONLY two letters will be considered):
- Email to [email protected] OR
- Mail to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830
- Proof of United States Citizenship (View Acceptable Documents)
Note: 2016 and 2017 Women’s Board Scholarship Winners DO NOT need to provide proof of United States Citizenship.
- Mail to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830 OR
- Deliver Monday through Friday between 9am-3pm to: 18111 Prince Philip Drive, Philanthropy Office in Administration, Olney, MD 20832. Please call 301-774-8777 beforehand to confirm that someone is in the office to receive your application and documentation. Once at the hospital, ask the lobby front desk to call ext. 2779.
- Driver's license is not an acceptable proof of citizenship.
- Official Transcript (Must be submitted by the Registrar’s Office):
- Email to [email protected] OR
- Mail to: Women's Board Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 432, Olney, MD 20830. If your registrar’s office mails your transcript to you, please place the unopened, sealed official transcript in a mailing envelope and send it to the above address.
- Resume (Optional)
- Email to [email protected]
Helpful Hints for Submitting Your Application
- DO NOT submit duplicate supporting documents. For example: If you email a supporting document, do not send the same document to us by regular mail.
- Be prepared to submit your application in one sitting. There is not a way to save your application and come back to finish it later. Do not complete parts of the application and submit it hours later, your work may be lost and an error message may appear. Our system does updates throughout the day and evening and your application maybe reset. We recommend that you complete the personal statements and any other lengthy responses in a Word Document and save it to your computer.
- No supporting documentation will be accepted after Thursday, March 15, 2018. To ensure all of your documents are submitted on time, request your documents well in advance.
Have more questions?
View our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any questions about the Women’s Board Scholarship Program, please feel free to contact The Scholarship Committee at [email protected] or leave a message at 301-774-8840. For the quickest response, we recommend communicating via email.